[cisco-voip] MGCP - Fallback to SRST very often even though connectivity to CUCM is fine

Wilson Hew wilsonhew at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 11:47:08 EST 2009

Hello there,

Greetings. I am having problem with my MGCP gateway, and I need little help
and advice. My MGCP gateway is running as SRST, and it will fallback to SRST
very often (twice a day). And it will go back to normal operation from
fallback just after that. The connectivity from my MGCP gateway (remote
site) to CUCM is fine.

I noticed my E1 is going down everytime when it falls back to SRST - is it
considered normal?

My gateway is running 12.4(24)T1 and CUCM version 7.0.2.

In 'sh ccm-manager', I have the below:
TFTP retry count to shut Ports: 2

Statistics:
    Packets recvd:   857
    Recv failures:   1
    Packets xmitted: 852
    Xmit failures:   0
In 'sh mgcp stats':

 UDP pkts rx 557379, tx 558783
 Unrecognized rx pkts 0, MGCP message parsing errors 0
 Duplicate MGCP ack tx 9, Invalid versions count 0
 CreateConn rx 36256, successful 36249, failed 7
 DeleteConn rx 36274, successful 36101, failed 173
 ModifyConn rx 66178, successful 66126, failed 52
 DeleteConn tx 154, successful 154, failed 0
 NotifyRequest rx 54652, successful 54516, failed 136
 AuditConnection rx 3, successful 3, failed 0
 AuditEndpoint rx 14887, successful 8080, failed 6807
 RestartInProgress tx 6248, successful 6248, failed 0
 Notify tx 342779, successful 342779, failed 0
 ACK tx 201075, NACK tx 7191
 ACK rx 349100, NACK rx 0
 Collisions: Passive 0, Active 0

Can I tell what is wrong with the above? Apart from that, I see numbers of
slips in controllers e1 increasing, and I have network-clock-participate
configured.

Would appreciate if you could give me your feedback about this. Any feedback
is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Wil