[cisco-voip] Trouble with upgrading firmware due to firmware bug

Kin Wai kinwai at singnet.com.sg
Tue Nov 3 10:31:09 EST 2009

It's running on 6.0.2 now, I'm trying to upgrade to 8-5-2. By the way, it's
a 7970. According to bug toolkit, there's some documented bug which mention
it happens 'occasionally' but for me the hit rate is 100%.

With a factory default (I tried the way using 1234567890*#) , it's not
working. As mentioned, after it boots up, it connects to the new callmanager
successfully without upgrading to the latest firmware specify inside
default.loads. When I look at the firmware field on the phone, it shows
term70.default.loads.

I have yet to try  the (3491672850*#) method so far. Seems like I'm facing
multiple issues here.

As customer is moving from 4.0 to 7.1, with the old firmware(after the
factory default) I guess I will lose some features?