[cisco-voip] Outbound Call parameters?

Madziarczyk, Jonathan JMad at cityofevanston.org
Tue Nov 3 16:17:32 EST 2009

So as I understand it my route group/list is what dictates my outbound
call gateway distribution.  But what determines how I best use those
gateways seems to be limited to two algorithms, top down and
circular...neither of which seem to do what I want....

We have a new PRI in the mix that gives us a set number of free local
minutes (36,000).  But the minutes after that are at a slightly higher
rate.  Is there a way to get CUCM to best utilize the new PRI and it's
free minutes?

I don't think there's a way to tell CUCM to "use the first 36,000
minutes on PRI A then start using PRI B.

There doesn't appear to be a way to even set ratios for gateways.  Like
a 2:3 ratio for PRI A and PRI B, respectively.  In theory if this ratio
was similar to my amount of free minutes vs. total minutes I would, over
time come fairly close to using all the free minutes and as few of the
"after free, more expensive" minutes.

Am I missing something, or is this just a limitation of CUCM?

Even if I have to send all calls to the new PRI I will still save money
in the long run, but wasting money is still wasting money.

JonM