[cisco-voip] 411 route pattern to google's directory

Jeff Ruttman ruttmanj at carewisc.org
Wed Nov 4 12:57:51 EST 2009

Greetings,

Looks to me like I should be able to create a route pattern 9.411 or
9.5551212 and then under the Called Party Transformations, discard the
predot, put 18004664411 as the Called Party Transform Mask, and leave
the Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) blank?

Or am I completely going wrong here?

Now a related question about route patterns. If I put in a new route
pattern of 9.2345678 and then dial 9.2345678 from my desk phone wouldn't
the call HAVE to use that pattern since there could not be a closer
match?

I'm trying to test my 411 idea using my cell phone number as my route
pattern.  However, not only does the pattern NOT transform to the google
directory, my call gets routed even if I click the Block This Pattern
radio button.

Perhaps I need to go reset route lists and/or gateways even though CM
warns me that these are reset automatically when I save the route
pattern?

I'm missing something...or a lot of things maybe :)

Thanks
jeff
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email including attachments is intended for the specific delivery to and use by the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and includes information which should be considered as private and confidential. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please reply to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. Thank you.