[cisco-voip] Voice Gateway prefix stripping

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Wed Nov 11 14:17:09 EST 2009

What protocol are you using between the CCM and the gateway?

-Ryan

On Nov 11, 2009, at 1:48 PM, dev wrote:

Hi,

We have a voice gateway 2811 and a single CUCM7 cluster. We configured
CUCM7 to not remove the prefix (9) as per our billing application
software requirements. So we now need to have the gateway do that. My
question is:

How can I configure the gateway to strip the digit "9" prefix before
sending the call to the PSTN? I think I need to use the translation
rule command but I am not sure what is the  syntax.

I need to strip the first digit if it matches "9" and pass on the
remaining digits as it to the PSTN.

Can anyone help with an example please?

Thanks