[cisco-voip] call manager licensing

Countryman, Edward Edward.Countryman at provena.org
Fri Nov 13 09:17:32 EST 2009

Ever since we upgrade from 4.1 to 6.1 last spring I have been confused
about how CCM licensing from Cisco works, what is really needed etc.
I know I need DLU's for phones and I think I understand that.   What
confuses me is how the server nodes are licensed and how ESW, UCSS is
licensed.   There is a persistent reference to "number of users" however
no where can I find a definition of "user" for this purpose.   Can
anyone give me the "101" on call manager licensing, ESW and UCSS?