[cisco-voip] call manager licensing

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 11:05:31 EST 2009

Question.  are you licensing each phone...... or are you using the Kowl
licensing (or however they spell cool).

cool licensing is based on users.  they give you DLUs for the phones / Unity
licensing / Mobility / etc.

if you are not using Cool.  CM has a Node license that licenses how many CM
servers you can have.  eg 3 would give you a First node and two subsequent
nodes.

then you have the feature license that gives you what version your licensed
for.  5, 6, 7, or 8

and last but not least the DLUs for the phones.  each phone model takes
different DLU counts.  Eg. 794x takes 4.

hope that makes sense.

Scott