[cisco-voip] call manager licensing

george.hendrix at l-3com.com george.hendrix at l-3com.com
Fri Nov 13 11:17:00 EST 2009

  It is my understanding that a "user" relates to CUWL (Cisco Unified
Workspace License).  Basically, you can purchased either DLU's as needed
for users or you can purchase CUWL licensing and the DLU's are
automatically included in the "work space" for that user.  The number of
DLU's and what is included (i.e. voice mail) is dependent on the type of
CUWL license you purchase.  Please see attached ordering guide, and also
the link below for an overview of CUWL.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps9156/product
_solution_overview0900aecd806cc7a4.html

Download the ordering guide here
<http://tools.cisco.com/search/display?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cisco.com%2F
en%2FUS%2Fservices%2Fps2961%2Fps2664%2Fservices_overview_uc_ordering_gui
de.pdf&pos=1&strqueryid=&websessionid=jx0Qzb2WLrLvaSryml-5-Ig> , which
also explains more about ordering voice.

UCSS is your subscription for the software and allows you to do major
upgrades as well as which you can read about below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6882/ps9158/net_bro
chure0900aecd804a2bc8.html

I believe ESW has to do with your "right" to operate the software and do
MINOR upgrades, which is described in the ordering guide.

Bill Hendrix

L-3 Communications

george.hendrix at l-3com.com

EITS Service Desk: 1-800-871-9983