[cisco-voip] call manager licensing

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 11:41:51 EST 2009

This is confusing and i've been struggling with it this year renewing
support. it's been a nightmare this year for some reason.

My understanding is:

ESW for CUCM is based on how many nodes you have and what type of
servers they are running on.. for example we have 6 nodes running CUCM
6.1 on 7845.

Note that ESW is purchased differently for other products. For UCCX it
is by the number of agents you have.

UCSS is based on how many users, which the definition is a little
fuzzy IMO. I've been going by number of registered IP Phones and Cisco
has seemed to be content with that.

Your partner or account team really should be able to explain this to
you.. but in my case I think they knew less than I did, which kinda
sucks - eventually they had to bring someone else from cisco into the
situation to sort it out.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Countryman, Edward
<Edward.Countryman at provena.org> wrote:
> Ever since we upgrade from 4.1 to 6.1 last spring I have been confused about
> how CCM licensing from Cisco works, what is really needed etc.     I know I
> need DLU’s for phones and I think I understand that.   What confuses me is
> how the server nodes are licensed and how ESW, UCSS is licensed.   There is
> a persistent reference to “number of users” however no where can I find a
> definition of “user” for this purpose.   Can anyone give me the “101” on
> call manager licensing, ESW and UCSS?

Ed Leatherman