[cisco-voip] InterCluster Disconnects

Jim Reed jreed at swiftnews.com
Tue Nov 17 19:19:30 EST 2009

I will do my best to explain this as clearly as possible.  Please advise if additional information is needed.

We have two (2) separate VoIP systems that communicate via intercluster trunks across an MPLS WAN.  For purposes of this discussion, we'll call them System GPC and System CMNM.  System GPC is 4.5-Meg MPLS and system CMNM is 9-Meg MPLS.

When the contact center number is dialed on System GPC, the calls are forwarded to an extension (aka route point) on System CMNM that puts the caller into the contact center script.

The caller hears the initial recording with no problem.  That recording instructs the caller to press 2 for option A; press 3 for option B; press 4 for option C; etc. etc.

On somewhat frequent occasions, when the caller makes their selection, the call is disconnected.

This does not happen on calls that are placed to numbers associated directly with System CMNM.

System CMNM has a toll free number associated with the contact center.  When I forward the calls from System GPC to that toll free number instead of the route point on System CMNM, there are no disconnects.

I have reset the intercluster trunks between the two systems.  When I look at the call statistics in the router(s), they show the code for normal call clearing.

Anyone got any thoughts on why the selection of the CSQ option in the script is causing that disconnect?

I have looked at the T1 controller stats and the serial interface stats associated with that PRI controller and there are no errors.  System GPC has no calling issues locally for calls that come in on those same PRI channels.

Thank You...
--
Jim Reed
Technology Wrangler