[cisco-voip] Migrating from CRS 4.0 to UCCX 7

Kin Wai kinwai at singnet.com.sg
Tue Nov 24 10:24:55 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I need some help and brainstorm here. I'm aware that there isn't any direct
upgrade path. I will be doing an in-box upgrade one of the weekend with 2
days downtime. I'm exploring methods to save time during the upgrade.

For callmanager in-box upgrade, nothing much I can do I guess. Just let the
server find the DMA file and run on its own . Hope that it don't struck in
some process and takes another 2 hours to self-recover.

For UCCX, it's much more painful process since I will need to re-setup
everything again. For a start, It seems like the windows OS disk wants the
correct number of disks in place before proceeding with the installation.
Therefore for those who intend to keep one of the disk with the old image.
It won't works. =(

By bring the staged hard disk from another system won't work. I tried and
the RAID array seems to take note of the disks used previously and gave me
some errors with 0 logical drive(volume).

Now I'm left with BARS backup and restore option. For BARS restore, is it
system dependent? Can I stage it from vmware and restore the backup copy
into the actual HP server after that? Or I need to stage it from a physical
server, the one in my office is 7845-H2 while customer site is using
7835-H1.

**I love vmware as I can rollback anytime with snapshot option while
physical server I need to take at least 1 hrs to 1.5 hrs to get the OS up
and running**

I'm just worry that it won't works as it some sort of remember the server
used. Any workaround to get UCCX 7 running in the shortest period of time?
Setting up all over again with time constrain isn't something fun I guess.
=(