[cisco-voip] Phone Personalization

Tim Reimers treimers at ashevillenc.gov
Wed Nov 25 11:55:36 EST 2009

<grin>

Been there, did that with an SNMP walk output  once.
It got accidentally pasted into an email going to a application vendor
sales rep, just after my sigline. I clicked send and just realized what
that was that was on the end.
Fortunately, it was a non-production device that hadn't been configured
with our real SNMP string or IP address info yet.

A few days later, that salesguy stops by the office and says "what in
the world is that  complete gibberish after your sigline?"
Before I could answer, another engineer (who thought the sales weenie
was a bit of a loser from a technical end of things) up and says
"It's a new antispam technique. Just paste that stuff into every email
you send and that will make it impossible for spammers to read your
emails."

The guy nods knowingly and says "I thought that might be what that was.
I'll start doing that. Can I use your stuff?
The engineer says "sure, why not"

 It was worth it just to stand there trying not to LMAO

Also once got an email from someone with their root password in it!
they'd evidently put it into the email as a temporary C&P while updating
a server!

Tim Reimers
Systems Analyst II
Information Technology Services