[cisco-voip] G.729 MoH CCM 7.1

O'Brien, Neil nobrien at datapac.com
Mon Nov 30 12:21:13 EST 2009

Hey,

I've set up numerous call manager clusters and this one has me
scratching my head.

Normally, to save on bandwidth over the WAN, I put the MoH server into
its own device pool/region and set it to use G.729 with all other
regions.  It's always worked up until now.

I have a CCM 7.1 cluster and it just refuses to play MoH over G.729.  If
I change the region to G.711 it works fine, but if I set it to G.729 all
I get are the 3 beeps.

I've spent hours looking at this convincing myself that I've missed
something silly but I've been over and over it and can't seemt o figure
it out.

Hoping someone might be able to shed some light on it,

Thanks,

Neil

Regards,

Neil O'Brien

Network Engineer

Datapac Ltd

Phone: +353 1 426 3500

Fax:    +353 1 426 3501

Email:  nobrien at datapac.com

Web:   www.datapac.com

Datapac is the leading Irish business technologies provider

IT Maintenance & Managed Services | Virtualisation & Storage Solutions |
Microsoft Infrastructure Solutions

Voice & Data Networks | Unified Communications | Microsoft Dynamics Nav
ERP | EPOS Retail Solutions | IT Consumables