[cisco-voip] G.729 MoH CCM 7.1

Tim Smith thsglobal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 15:16:33 EST 2009

Hi,

If you really want to save bandwidth then you should be multicasting it from
the branch routers directly.
This way the stream doesnt cross the WAN at all.
Also, you can then do it as G711 which sounds a lot better than MOH with
G729 which is usually terrible.

One limitation used to be that you could only have 1 stream at the remote
side.
Now with latest versions of SRST / CME you can actually have multiple
streams, and config is much more flexible.

Cheers,

Tim.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 4:21 AM, O'Brien, Neil <nobrien at datapac.com> wrote:

>  Hey,
>

> I’ve set up numerous call manager clusters and this one has me scratching
> my head.
>

> Normally, to save on bandwidth over the WAN, I put the MoH server into its
> own device pool/region and set it to use G.729 with all other regions.  It’s
> always worked up until now.
>

> I have a CCM 7.1 cluster and it just refuses to play MoH over G.729.  If I
> change the region to G.711 it works fine, but if I set it to G.729 all I get
> are the 3 beeps.
>

> I’ve spent hours looking at this convincing myself that I’ve missed
> something silly but I’ve been over and over it and can’t seemt o figure it
> out.
>

> Hoping someone might be able to shed some light on it,
>

> Thanks,
>

> Neil
>

> Regards,
>

> Neil O'Brien
>
> Network Engineer
>

> Datapac Ltd
>
> Phone: +353 1 426 3500
>
> Fax:    +353 1 426 3501
>
> Email:  nobrien at datapac.com
>
> Web:   www.datapac.com**
>

> *Datapac is the leading Irish business technologies provider***
>
> IT Maintenance & Managed Services | Virtualisation & Storage Solutions |
> Microsoft Infrastructure Solutions
>
> Voice & Data Networks | Unified Communications | Microsoft Dynamics Nav ERP
> | EPOS Retail Solutions | IT Consumables

Cheers,

Tim