[cisco-voip] recover FORGOTTEN security password

Adam Frankel afrankel at cisco.com
Mon Nov 30 14:42:46 EST 2009

Step 1  Log in to the system, using local console, with the following
username and
password:
- Username: pwrecovery
- Password: pwreset
The Welcome to admin password reset window displays.
Step 2  Press any key to continue.
Step 3  If you have a CD or DVD in the disk drive, remove it now.
Step 4  Press any key to continue.
The system tests to ensure that you have removed the CD or DVD from the
disk
drive.
Step 5  Insert a valid CD or DVD into the disk drive.
The system tests to ensure that you have inserted the disk.
Step 6  After the system verifies that you have inserted the disk, you
get
prompted to select the password you want to reset. Select "S" for the
security password.
Step 7 Follow instructions to complete the process.

It's in the OS Admin guide I believe.

Adam