[cisco-voip] Desktop Agent Installation Headaches ..

Duane Priebe dpriebe at theriverbank.com
Fri Oct 2 11:54:12 EDT 2009

We are currently using IPCC 4.0(3).  In order to install IPCC Cisco
Desktop Agent on a workstation it needs to be on Internet Explorer 6.
It's one of the prerequisites in order to install it.  Once upon a time
I was able to easily uninstall IE7, it would default back to IE6,
install the Desktop Agent, finally rerun Windows updates back to IE7 and
all would be well.  Thanks to WSUS *hmmm, now everyone is on IE8 with no
easy way to get back to IE6.  Even if I try using the spunnist.exe it
won't work. And I can't just install 6 because its sees it has a newer
version already.  Is there a way around this at all?  We are not
scheduled to update CM, Unity, & IPCC until next spring.  Any help is
greatly appreciated, thanks.

Duane