[cisco-voip] CUCM + 3rd party SIP - transcoding issue between G711 & G729

Alan Su cj.alan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 09:17:29 EDT 2009

Dear All,

I have bunch of users using X-Lite sip phone (only G711 supported) which are
registered to OnDO server. The OnDO is using SIP trunk to CUCM 6. I also
have an ISR router registered in CCM to perform the transcoding. My question
is, since the X-Lite only support G711, I suppose that CCM will forward the
call to transcoder as MTP when G729 codec is needed, but it doesn't really
work. When making a call from X-Lite to other phone (IP Phone, FXS analog
phone, etc...) in different region, it always failed and no any transcoding
session found in transcoder. I have configured "MTP required" in SIP
trunk...

Is it normal? Or any required configuration missing? Thanks a lot~

Regards,
Alan