[cisco-voip] SIP transcoder question

Leslie Meade lmeade at signal.ca
Fri Oct 9 16:23:14 EDT 2009

I have a site that wants to is a SIP client on their iPhone's, I have
them calling each other with no issues, along with calling out to the
pstn fine.

Inbound from the WAN are working fine, however the sip client does not
seem to activate the transcoder when dialing across the wan.

What could be the issue ?

How can I see if the sip client is trying to use the transcoder ?

Sh dspfarm all is telling me that the transcoder is up and I see it
transcoding for inbound calls but not for outbound

Leslie