[cisco-voip] Calling search spaces and paritions

Dane Newman dane.newman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 02:34:37 EDT 2009

Matt,

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer some questions.

I have it setup with an fxo on a 2801 plar to 190 which is my hunt pilot for
my voicemail.  This pilot includes ext 191 192 193 194.  I put extention 190
in a partition reachable from the css assigned to the gateway.  But when I
try to assign 191 192 193 194 from any other partiton but the "no partition"
I get the following error.

Update failed. DeviceFailureDN is set only for Directory Numbers

When I call into my fxo line it plar me to my AA fine.  It plays my recorded
greeting and I then hit an extention of a phone of a phone number with
voicemail and instead of ringing the phone it just puts me into there
voicemail and if I hit an extention without voicemail it just says this
number cannot be reached and tranfers be to the start of the AA greeting
again.  I have also made sure in unity connection that * was not checked to
be blocked in my restriction tables

Once again thanks so much for your time and assistance Matt.