[cisco-voip] QoS for Day to Day traffic

Kevin Dunn cheesevoice at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 10:41:19 EDT 2009

 Hello my Pundits

I have a 100Meg Ethernet WAN connection between two towns for DR purposes,
and we are going to run "day to day" traffic (voice and data) over this
circuit as well, now when replication and SAN to SAN traffic hits I don't
want it to mess with the "day to day" traffic.   The DR traffic will either
source or destination to 10.31.0.0.  So I made a couple of ACL's to match
that IP to.  The end result is I want to voice traffic to have priority and
3Megs of bandwidth, Day to Day traffic around 8 Megs of traffic and DR (San
to San) the remaining 89%....

1.  Do you think this will work?
2.  Do you think it is set up right?

class-map match-any voice
 match  dscp ef
 match protocol rtp audio
class-map match-any DR
 match access-group 100
class-map match-any day2day
 match access-group 101

policy-map DRandVoice
 class voice
  priority percent 3
 class DR
  bandwidth remaining percent 89
 class day2day
  bandwidth remaining percent 8

access-list 100 permit ip 10.31.0.0 0.0.255.255
access-list 101 deny ip 10.31.0.0 0.0.255.255
access-list 101 permit ip any any

*Kevin Dunn*
*Marathon Cheese Corporation*