[cisco-voip] QoS for Day to Day traffic

Brantley Richbourg Brantley.Richbourg at MMICNC.COM
Mon Oct 12 13:40:35 EDT 2009

Another thought too is do you want to make sure your day2day traffic
does not impact your default class (meaning your DR traffic)?  If yes, I
would add police statements to your policy-map to keep traffic at 8Mbps,
89Mbps, etc.  CBWFQ will only really kick in when there is congestion on
your interface.  So your day-to-day traffic could kick it up to 100Mbps
if there is no traffic for the other classes at that time.

If you want to make sure DR traffic always stays at 89%, etc, etc,.  I
would modify your policy-map to the following:

policy-map DRandVoice
 class voice
  priority percent 3
 class day2day
  bandwidth percent 8
  police rate percent 8
     conform-action transmit
     exceed-action drop
     violate-action drop
 class class-default
    police rate percent 89
      conform-action transmit
       exceed-action drop
       violate-action drop

priority queueing will automatically police at 3%.