[cisco-voip] Fwd: Comments on Call Manager Upgrade Plan (My first upgrade)

Dave Wolgast dwolgas1 at rochester.rr.com
Thu Oct 15 09:37:24 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Jeff Ruttman <ruttmanj at carewisc.org> wrote:

>  Greetings,
>
> I see by the Cisco Alert at the very end of this email that I'll have to do
> my first CCM upgrade this weekend--or bust!  I have a few questions from the
> OS Admin Guide and a couple more in my "upgrade plan.'  Not a major upgrade;
> I'm upgrading from 6.1.2 to 6.1.4(SU1).  Any comments will be appreciated
> greatly.

I am going to be doing a similar 6.1(2)su1 to 6.1(4a) upgrade in a week or
so as well.  Is there a normal per server time that the upgrade takes to
apply (from the point in OS admin where one specs the upgrade file to the
time you are asked if you want to reboot to the new partition)?

I have two clusters of 4 7835s each to upgrade and I want to get a feel for
the maintenance window I'll need.

Thanks!!!
--
Dave Wolgast