[cisco-voip] 3 way calling

Lisa Notarianni notariannil1 at scranton.edu
Fri Oct 16 10:36:29 EDT 2009

We are deploying VoIP phones in an office that processes calls a little
differently.

When the director calls in from outside to his secretary, she currently
calls the number he wants to reach but stays on the line to make sure he
is connected.  If he is connected, on the old phone system it allowed
her to just hang up and he would then be connected.  If he was not
connected she could then press "Flash" to drop the party she called.
This was all done through a "Flash" button.

The only way I can figure this out on our new VoIP phones is to use the
Conference Calling feature (Conf).  However, this is so step intensive I
think she is going to be overwhelmed when I tell her how it has to be done.

These would be the steps.

Director calls into his secretary.
She presses more button to get to Conf (Director goes on hold)
She dials number he wants to reach and quickly presses Conf again so it
is a 3 way call

For her to disconnect herself and leave director on with person called
Secretary presses more twice
Presses ConfList
Scrolls to herself
Presses Remove

For her to disconnect from person called (because it went to their voice
mail)
Secretary presses more twice
Presses Conf List
Scrolls to person called