[cisco-voip] FXS to VoIP

Ratko Dodevski rade239 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 19:14:40 EDT 2009

Hi, does anyone knows how can I somehow fix a codec on a FXS port or make it
use transcoder or something like that??? I have problem where when I dial
from IP calls are ok but when I use analogue phone on FXS port it's the same
dial peer same negotiated codec (g711) but when i hit show voice call status
it says that codec in use is g729r8. If I set this codec on the dial peer
the call is rejected. I've tried with voice class codec, but it's the same.
only thing I can think of is transcoder but i don't know how to make a FXS
to bring up the transcoder.
Regards
Ratko