[cisco-voip] Converting Public Safety

Lisa Notarianni notariannil1 at scranton.edu
Tue Oct 20 12:19:37 EDT 2009

We are ready to convert our Public Safety department from Centrex to VoIP.

Here are initial issues:

1.  They record conversations on 6 of their lines.

2.  They don't want voice mail ever since they have 24 hour coverage.
So, they want many of their lines to ring on the users phone but after 3
or 4 rings start to ring on the main dispatch phone (where the 24 hour
staff is).  They want the actual number to appear and ring - not call
forward to the dispatch line so they know which line is ringing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lisa