[cisco-voip] 7960 to SIP server

Kelemen Zoltán keli at carocomp.ro
Wed Oct 28 07:44:33 EDT 2009

Generally speaking, it should be, though as they are not a "supported
type", it probably won't be straight-forward and the phones might need
some external provisioning server (ie tftp)

I don't have any experience with talkswitch itself, but a SIP server
should be a registrar server if you need to add phones to it.

The talkswitch site has a pdf guide for installing phones here:
http://www.talkswitch.com/us/en/support/documentation/phones/#ipphones
(Adding IP Phones to TalkSwitch
<http://www.talkswitch.com/dms/?domain=www.talkswitch.com&get=845CBD73CDC4929EE877848D96FBEB2D>
) and you might find this one helpful as well (except of course the bits
related to configuring the Asterisk server):
http://wiki.siftah.com/Cisco_7960G_IP_Phone_on_Asterisk

According to the talkswitch guide, you might try "other IP phone" as
"phone type" on the talkswitch.

regards,
   Zoltan