[cisco-voip] What to expect in an interview for IPT engineer position

Jonathan Charles jonvoip at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 21:16:29 EDT 2009

Well, my interview has been labeled as brutal, but let's start with
the fun ones:

Why do we use UDP for voice?

Explain the advantage of separating out the Voice and Data VLANs?

I have a AAR properly configured, and I lose my WAN connection (T1s
down), calls did not automatically reroute, what should I check first?

What are your favorite debugs?

DB replication in CCM 4.X has collapsed, how do I rebuild it?

What debug will show digits sent and received on a Feature Group D CAS circuit?

What does call forward no coverage do?

I have a firewall between parts of my network, but I have a SIP
gateway that I want to route calls thru, which ports would I allow?

What is DHCP option 66 and when would it be used?
..

Jonathan