[cisco-voip] Laggy 7961 Telephones

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Tue Sep 1 14:10:04 EDT 2009

 From a user experience perspective I agree. The UI of the new 3rd gen
phones respond slower compared to the older 2nd gen 7940/7960.  There
have been some enhancements. One of the primary instances I used to cite
was onhook dialing.  7940/60 send out digits very rapidly when going
offhook.  7961 and other 3rd gen phones were terribly slow.  This was
"resolved" by enabling enbloc dialing on 3rd gen phones so they send the
complete dial string in one message rather than sending one digit at a
time.  This had impact on other features.

In casual observation completely agree.  Unfortunately this "user
perception" was a missing requirement for the new products.  This would
be a good message for your account team.

/Wes