[cisco-voip] Cisco 1760 VIC2-2FXO setup

Remco Overdijk remco at maxserv.nl
Thu Sep 3 13:59:57 EDT 2009

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your clear example. At first the results were exactly the same as before, until it got me wondering if the other port would work (only 1 line is attached at this moment), so I plugged the 2/0 line into 2/1, and bang, it worked.. guess there was a wrong parameter on the 2/0 port.

- inbound dialing now works as expected, router doesn't ring me back if remote caller hangs up.
- outbound dialing finally works (have to tune the dial-peers a bit, but that'll be alright.

Only thing not yet working is the caller-id. But I now might have an idea why. My cableprovider uses FSK signaling for caller-id, instead of DTMF ETSI. I can't really find out whether the VIC2-2FXO supports FSK caller-id (other VIC's do), and if so, how to switch it from DTMF to FSK mode. Any pointers on that?
Final solution would be to buy a FSK->DTMF converter box.

Anyway, thanks a lot, I'm way closer to my goal now! :)

Kind regards,

Remco Overdijk