[cisco-voip] Inter cluster trunk calls dropping at 10 minutes since upgrade to 7.0.2

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Tue Sep 8 22:09:34 EDT 2009

That should work around the issue but will not "fix" it.  Issue is the
h225 TCP session is getting aborted by TCP FIN or RST.  Allowing h.323
call preservation will mask the issue by allowing calls to stay up.
However, there will be no supplementary services for those calls such as
hold/transfer.  Call will be in the same status as when a call is active
and phone changes to "cm down, features disabled".

Additionally, preserving h.323 calls is likely to leave abandoned active
RTP session active between endpoints in the network.  Calls can be
nailed up indefinitely until endpoints are rebooted or calls forcibly
cleared.  If the call goes out a gateway on remote site as an LD call
to, for example, a conference service, you could run up one whopping
phone bill.  When call is "preserved" CM gives up on all management of
the call so even CM's "max call duration" does not tear the call down
after 24 hours.

/Wes