[cisco-voip] Intermittent Call failure from Hold and Xfer

Brian Duncan BrDuncan at jackhenry.com
Thu Sep 10 11:34:20 EDT 2009

Hey All,
Thought I would shoot this by everyone on the list and see if anyone else had experienced a similar problem.  We have a site with one branch experienced intermittent call failure from Hold and Xfer.  The stats are CCM 6.1.3.1000-16 and the gateway is H.323 running 12.4(20)T2.  Sometimes when a call comes in and a user puts them on hold, when they come back to the call they get a fast busy.  The caller then will call back in and ask why they were hung up on.  I stress this only sometimes occurs.  We have tried using MGCP and H.323, rebooting the router, different IOS codes, etc, but the problem has persisted through all the changes.  This is only being reported by this one branch despite it being configured much the same as all other branches (same IOS, same Gateway config, same node on the CCM cluster, etc).  This is also being reported by multiple users are the same branch on different end points. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
W. Brian Duncan
CCVP, CCDA
Network Engineer
Gladiator | Matrix Network Services

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended
together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure or distribution