[cisco-voip] Intercom with 2-way talking?

Madziarczyk, Jonathan JMad at cityofevanston.org
Thu Sep 10 15:29:41 EDT 2009

I'm looking into options for a manager/assistant scenario where the
assistant can place a call to the manager that goes to speakerphone with
a "bill is on line 1" and the assistant can hear "take a message" or
"I'll take the call", etc.

While I appreciate the security of the Default Cisco intercom 1-way
feature, it is limiting without the ability to give feedback.

My next solution is to implement a second line on the manager phone that
auto-answers and program the assistant phone with a speed dial button
for that.  Do I then have to take up another button on each phone by
doing the reverse if the manager wants to get a hold of the secretary?

It seems like this should be much simpler than it is...

Jon