[cisco-voip] Host not found on phones

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Sep 10 16:07:45 EDT 2009

A DNS name is there somewhere.
the config file is a good place to look. use windows command line TFTP
client to download phone config file (SEP<mac>.cnf.xml) and review.

after that get a packet capture showing the DNS attempt:
1. make sure phone is configured with DNS server
2. start packet capture from span port or back of phone
3. reset phone
4. once phone back up press services button
5. stop packet capture and look for DNS queries.

/Wes