[cisco-voip] Attendant Console and application dial rules issue in newer AC versions

Erick Bergquist erickbee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:52:47 EDT 2009

Hello,

Does anyone know if anything changed in Attendant Console versions
6.1.1a and higher with application dial rules? I have a client with
6.1.2 CCM and their AD Directory has people in it with telephone
numbers in + 1 xxx yyy zzzz format (example +1 262 555 1234) and we
have Call Manager application dial rule in place for number starts
with 1262 , 11 digits long, and keep last 4 digits. With Attendant
Console versions earlier then 6.1.1a the dial rules did work and strip
the +1 262 555 1234 number down to 1234.  With newer AC versions it
does not do anything with the number at all. I tried AC versions
6.1.2, 6.1.2a, etc and also AC version from 7.1.2a SU1 with same
issue.

I believe the dial rules are processed locally on the PC the AC is
running on, as the Attendant Console downloads the rules from the CUCM
server on startup from the AcClient log files and you can see the
number modification from the rules on the AC dial pad display before
dialing.  I even tried creating a DialRules.xml file on the PC with no
luck.

Did something change with way numbers beginning with + are handled in
newer AC versions? I know that numbers with + on them were added to
CUCM 7.x. Is there a way on CUCM to strip the + sign out on numbers
from AD if the + sign is throwing newer AC versions off?

Thanks, Erick