[cisco-voip] SRST short dials

Daniel dan.voip at danofive.id.au
Mon Sep 14 19:08:47 EDT 2009

Couldn't you use number expansion for external also? It would be easier then
the translation rules and profiles and having to create another dial peer.

user dials 030 which matches *"num-exp 030 901234567890" *the call would
then match the outbound dial peer 9T.

What's people's views on this translation profiles or number expansion, why
would you use it where would you use it?

I was also thinking with the translation profiles you don't have to make
another dial peer it could be applied directly to call manager fallback, but
num-exp is still less configuration.