[cisco-voip] Intercluster trunks and H323 outbound faststart

Blenkarn, Gary Gary.Blenkarn at fmglobal.com
Wed Sep 16 03:07:45 EDT 2009

Hi

We have 2 CCM 6.1 clusters.  They are connected via a non gatekeeper controlled trunk.  In terms of latency some of the phones are one way 150ms.  We have been getting instances of voice clipping.  Therefore as the SRND states we have implemented Fast start.  Inbound fast start is configured both ends and makes a small difference.  Though outbound Fast start makes the voice clipping worse?  The outbound fast start requires the use of an MTP.  It is currently using the software MTP of the Call Managers in each cluster.

Can anybody provide any information how best practice wise outbound fast start should be setup please?  Should we be using a hardware MTP for instance on each Cluster?

Thank you

Gary Blenkarn
Senior Data Networking Analyst

Registered No. 755780 England
Registered Office: FM Insurance Company Limited
1 Windsor Dials, Windsor,
Berkshire, UK, SL4 1RS
Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
VAT No. G.B.: 792 4276 02