[cisco-voip] CP-7960 Cannot display greek characters even when Greek locale is loaded

Anthony Kouloglou akoul at dataways.gr
Wed Sep 16 05:16:26 EDT 2009

Hi,
in my voip network i have mostly 7941G-GE devices and 2 CP-7960.
I am running CUCMExpress 7.0(1) and 7960s are running 8.1.2 which is the
latest firmware.
I use an application for calling name display info. This info is sent
from the web server to the phone and so it displays the name of the caller.

    * 7941s are able to display the display info even when the
      characters are UTF-8

    * 7060 are showing weird characters. I have tried to sent the
      display info in many char sets (also Cp-1253 and ISO-8859-7 as
      this the encoding of the phone's web interface when greek locale
      are load on the 7960) but it still shows weird characters.

I have also loaded Greek locale support for 7960, it displays the menus
in Greek but the call info that is sent from a web server is the same!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Anthony