[cisco-voip] FYI: FN - 63255 - MCS-7815-I2 and MCS-7825-I2, BIOS error prevents a system from booting if rebooted after October 1, 2009

Erick Bergquist erickbee at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 17:40:52 EDT 2009

Has anyone applied this to a IBM server yet running Linux versions of software?

I have a CER 7.x server I'm needing to apply this to, and have the CD
but the docs are not clear in some spots and just wanted some
clarification.

Under Section 3, the scope section...

3.5.5	CRITICAL NOTE - This update may NOT be applied to any Linux
based products.
			If Linux users attempt the upgrade the BIOS, the BIOS will be
downgraded after	a subsequent reboot.  Linux users should reference
the defect CSCta43460 in bug
			toolkit to find the appropriate version to upgrade to that contains the fix.

But under Section 2.0 for Resolved Caveats it has the following, which
indicates the above issue is fixed?

Note: If Linux users attempt to use the FWUCD to upgrade the BIOS, the
BIOS will be downgraded after a subsequent reboot.  Linux users should
reference CSCta43460 in bug toolkit to find the appropriate version to
upgrade to.

Erick