[cisco-voip] FYI: FN - 63255 - MCS-7815-I2 and MCS-7825-I2, BIOS error prevents a system from booting if rebooted after October 1, 2009

Erick Bergquist erickbee at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 13:37:16 EDT 2009

Does anyone know what version of CER 7.x has the IBM 1.45 BIOS to fix
this issue?

I ran the newest FWUCD 2.3(1) on a effected IBM Server and it updated
the BIOS from 1.4(3) to version 1.4(5) but when CER booted up it had
forced the BIOS to downgrade back to 1.4(3) and rebooted automatically
like part of the documentation states for this issue.

I have a TAC Case open. It would be nice if the readme the Field
Notice links to doesn't have the two conflicting sections and also
have something in the field notice so that if you're on a Linux
product that you don't need the firmware CD but you need to upgrade
your CER/CUCM/etc to whatever version of CER/CUCM/etc has the new BIOS
with fix for this problem.