[cisco-voip] No SDP in INVITE to basic SIP endpoint. (RESOLVED)

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 15:01:01 EDT 2009

Alex Sayegh wrote:
> It may have to do with "early offer" vs "Delay
> offer" which are two different ways SIP negotiates with the other
> end. If I recall correctly the Early one was Cisco's recommended

It turns out to have been that the MRG was using the built-in MTP and not
the one that was configured on the router.  Once the router config was
fixed and the MTP registered we could get it to work.

The other issue is that the docs were a little unclear on the digest user
password, so the SIP end point wouldn't register correctly.  For the
record, don't use "Password" as the password on the SIP device, unless
you've configured "Password" on the user owning the device.

So, as of now, the paging server is registered to CM 7, and can multicast
out the audio.

And, by configuring the router for CME mode, I was able to setup two DNs
and specified a multicast group using the "feed ip" command.  I also
configured a route pattern on CM 7.0 pointing to the router and was able to
dial the DNs and get the audio to come out the speakers, even when the
router wasn't running in CME.

Everyone kept saying "CME / SRST" is _always_ running, but it's nice to see
it work for yourself.