[cisco-voip] "iPod" audio to multicast and then back to standard audio devices?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 15:07:30 EDT 2009

As part of the "multicast speakers" thread, we're looking at how to inject
audio into the multicast groups that the multicast speakers are capable of
using.  (Think, analog iPod output into a box that does the conversion for
background music, but it could be any standard analog source)

I see that the 1861 routers have an audio input, but we don't have those.

Cyberdata, the company which we used for their SIP-to-multicast paging
server and multicast speakers doesn't offer anything like that.

Also, in certain areas, there's going to be a contractor-installed A/V
suite (training rooms) where speakers will already exist, and we can't do
much with the suite since it's a turn-key.

However, if we have a multicast-to-audio device, then we can tell the A/V
contractor, "here's another audio source".

Any products in this space which you like / work well?