[cisco-voip] Adding members to an always-on meet me?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 10:37:41 EDT 2009

I'm still trying to figure out how to accomplish the following:

- we have an existing analog paging system with a FXO connection off a
router to a Valcom.  The router has a dial-peer pointing to the FXO port
and a route-pattern in CM.
- we are testing a VoIP / multicast solution for overhead paging and
background music
- we want to test the multicast paging speakers in parallel with the
existing configuration.

I discussed this with a colleague and we're trying to determine how to get
this to work.

We can't setup the SIP device with the same DN as the FXO in the router,
because DM is probably going to complain that the DN already exists.

If we configure the FXO as MGCP and try to setup a hunt, then depending on
which device answers first you'll either get the page to the existing
building-wide page, or just to our SIP device.  A page just to the SIP
device would be considered a "lost" page, and we don't want that.

We were thinking of doing something like a meet-me, (with the SIP device
and converting the FXO to a MGCP device), where the pilot number to the
meet-me becomes the old DN for the FXO paging.  But how do we get the FXO
and the SIP device to already be in the meet-me?

Any other ideas?