[cisco-voip] Registering Phones

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Apr 1 16:03:02 EDT 2010

Inline

On Thursday, April 01, 2010 1:34:05 PM, H, Tim <TimH at trstone.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to tell the status of a phone from a remote site?

ws: In latest CM versions RTMT device status query will show phone
load.  Otherwise you can view the phone webpage remotely or look in the
CM SDI traces for the alarm message that the phone sends just prior to
register.

> I have phones setup to DHCP and auto-register to the CUCM.  The
> problem is, they'll be downloading different firmware and probably
> take quite a while to load up.

ws: Yep, use a load server or peer to peer firmware sharing

> I need to know if the phones actually are downloading the firmware or
> not.  Any idea on how to tell this?

ws: Use CM SDI traces and look at the alarm just before the phone
registers, check ccmadmin on CM8.0, or check RTMT device status search:

> Is there a way to put the firmware config on the local VGW to pull
> from it?

ws: Yes, use the "Load Server" configuration on the phone config page.