[cisco-voip] CallManager Express 7.1 and G.722 (service phone g722CodecSupport 2)

Peter Slow peter.slow at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 02:00:47 EDT 2010

They look different.

This is what a wideband handset looks like:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps8737/prod_large_photo0900aecd806aad40.jpg

...the mouthpeice has multiple concentric rings, instead of just a
single dot/circle in the middle.

...regardless of whcih one of these is attached, a phone that supports
722 will register that capability with the CUCM and should be able to
use the 722 codec, unless support for it is disabled either
clusterwide or via phone specific parameters which are configured at
various places inside of CCM Admin.

-Peter