[cisco-voip] Local Route Group Questions

Brandon Bennett bennetb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 12:51:28 EDT 2010

I am looking at moving towards Local Route Groups for my corporate
wide roll out and have already brought a site up utilizing the LRGs,
but I still have some questions/issues that I couldn't find answered
in the SRND/other documents.

First off I was wondering how to deal with cities/metropolitan areas
that implement 7d vs 10d dialing (or 7d AND 10d dialing like Phoenix).
 Right now I still have a single CSS per site and i have 3 partitions.
 P-PSTN, P-PSTN-7dLocal, P-PSTN-10dLocal.  For Phoenix I had to create
a third parition called P-PSTN-Phoenix10dLocal which defines the three
area codes that Phoenix is allows to dial 10d.   I don't want users
dialing 7d to wait for inter-digit timeout.  Is there another trick
here?

The SRND references translating everything to E.164 to send to and fro
the gateways/trunks.   Where is the best place to perform these
translations and does anyone have sample dial-peers and how to deal
with that on the gateway itself?

How do things like translations patterns and other CSS hopping
facilities deal with routing down a RL that contains a LRG?  Is the
LRG dependent on the originating device?  How about call fowarding
CSS?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon Bennett