[cisco-voip] CUCM 6.x MIGRATION to 7.x

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 08:37:58 EDT 2010

I believe to use DRS you have to be restoring to the same version that
the backup was taken from.
You will probably need to do your upgrade first on the old hardware to
7.X, take the backup, and then restore it onto the new hardware. You
might want to think about pushing to a later version of 7 as well.

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 6:32 AM, study group <studybean at gmail.com> wrote:
>  We are going to migrate the CUCM from 6.0.1 to 7.1.1. The new CUCM 7.X will
> be installed on a new MCS hardware.
> The problem is how to migrate the data of the previous CUCM 6.x
>
> I know we have to use DRS to take the backup of the CUCM 6 to do this. But
> will the CUCM 7.x will accept the DRS of the CUCM 6.0.1.
> Or
>
> We have to upgrade the CUCM 6.0.1 to atleast 6.1.3 then to 7.1.1. Then take
> the DRS and push the DRS to the new installed CUCM MCS server.

Ed Leatherman