[cisco-voip] Conference Solution

Peter Slow peter.slow at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 12:28:49 EDT 2010

While this is purely opinion, for something of that size, you really
should be looking at a hardware solution, especially if you're
involving video. your standard everyday voice-only conferences can be
handled by the resources within/controlled by callmanager, by adding
DSPs to routers in locations where conferencing is necessary, if
you've got multiple locations. the cisco MCUs can integrate directly
with CUCM to provide adhoc  video conference functionality as well.

what sort of features are you lookign for or willing to give up that
make you want to go third party? you lose the ability to do adhoc
conferences for every-day calls without any resources internal to
callmanager. on teh other hand, you arent goign to scal to a 120
person conference within CUCM easily, though it can be accomplished,
at least for voice.

-Peter