[cisco-voip] GK to GK and CUCM Gatekeeper controller trunk

Matthew Saskin msaskin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 18:56:49 EDT 2010

Location-based CAC and bandwidth-based CAC on gatekeepers are two separate
and distinct things without any interaction.

If you have (for example) 256k set in CUCM between two locations (each of
which represents a gatekeeper controlled trunk end) and 512kbps as the
bandwidth settings on the gatekeeper, you will hit the 256k limit in CUCM
first.  Reverse the scenario and at 256k the gatekeeper will stop you.

As for best practice, my .02c is that you want to keep your policies for
managing call admission control consistent.  Whether CUCM or Gatekeeper,
having a single management plane is usually preferable to having multiple
management planes.

Matthew Saskin
msaskin at gmail.com
203-253-9571

July 18, 2010 - 1500m swim (in the hudson), 40k bike, 10k run
Please support the Leukemia & Lyphoma Society
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/nyctri10/msaskin