[cisco-voip] Get the Media Stream on a VG

Beck, Philipp pbeck at ins.hsr.ch
Fri Apr 9 06:49:12 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I have a request from a costumer I just do not know if it can be done. From
my point of view it is not possible but probably you guys know a possible
solution.
The customer has a strange system which reports its state to the central
system by using DTMF. The central system is now on a ISDN PRI Interface of a
Voice GW. The PSTN Network is also via PRI connected. The IP Telephony world
is connected with SIP. So the costumer wants know to get the media, or DTMF
recorded. We already have an recording solution in place and we could
connect to that over SIP. He would really like that because every recording
will be in one place.
My assumption was that I would use a 28xx or 38xx HW and automatically
initiate a conference if someone dials the specific number. Then I could ad
the Business solution on one side and the SIP Endpoint on the other side. Is
this possible?
Are there any other solutions to get the media Stream if the VG routes from
one PRI to another PRI ?

Thanks in advance for your response and ideas! Any idea to solve this
problem is welcome!

Regards.
Philipp