[cisco-voip] 2921 Fax problems

Carter, Bill bcarter at sentinel.com
Tue Apr 20 10:10:15 EDT 2010

I have a customer with a Cisco 2921 gateway running IOS 15.0(1)M1. PRI
to the PSTN and FXS ports to a Fax server. Customer uses the fax server
to send out 100 broadcast faxes twice a day. We have been having
problems with "negotiation failed" for several weeks. We have tried T.38
and Fax/modem pass-through.

We hit bug CSCtc98074 and the fix is to disable Cisco Fax Relay on the
voice ports.

Fax Server is GFI Faxmaker with a BrookTrout TR1034 4-Port analog card.

voice-card 0

 dsp services dspfarm

 no local-bypass

!

voice service voip

 allow-connections h323 to h323

 supplementary-service h450.12

 redirect ip2ip

 fax protocol t38 nse force ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback
pass-through g711ulaw

 modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw

!

voice-port 0/1/0

 translation-profile incoming FAX-ID

 no echo-cancel enable

 station-id number 2370

 caller-id enable

!

dial-peer voice 100 pots

 description *** LD OVER LD PRI ***

 preference 1

 destination-pattern 81[2-9]..[2-9]......

 incoming called-number .

 fax rate disable

 direct-inward-dial

 port 0/0/1:23